June 2019 Archives

The Jones Act vs. the Longshore Act

Whether you are a California land-based maritime employee or working offshore, the risk of injury is considerable. As a result, having the right coverage in the event of an accident on the job is critical. At Russel Mirkovich & Morrow, we often handle claims for clients injured offshore.

Collecting after contracts are terminated for convenience

Securing a business contract with a government agency can be a boon for your business in Long Beach. Such organizations tend to be much more secure and stable than private companies. Yet at the same time, they are afforded special privileges, such as the right to terminate contracts for their convenience rather than needing to have actual cause. Many clients have come to us here at Russell Mirkovich & Morrow after having agreements ended in such a way distraught at the prospect of losing out on the value of their contracts. If you face the same situation, you should know that you are still entitled to compensation for your services. 

What does the Carmack Amendment do for interstate shipping?

Before the Carmack Amendment interstate shipping disputes were left to the jurisdiction of different states. This revision to the Interstate Commerce Act of 1877, provided “carriers” and “shippers” with a consistent law about handling interstate shipping. The law offers liability protections and delegates responsibilities to both “shippers” and “carriers”.

Email Our Team

How Can We Help?

Schedule A Case Evaluation To Get Started

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Russell Mirkovich & Morrow
One World Trade Center
Suite 1660
Long Beach, CA 90831

Toll Free: 877-712-3401
Phone: 562-661-5709
Long Beach Law Office Map

Phone: 562-436-9911 (current clients only)
Contact our office